- ARTISAN COURSES HOME BREW COFFEE MASTER CLASS Length: 2 hours | Price: £35 LATTE ART Length: 10:00 to 14:00 | Price: £90 HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL COFFEE SHOP Length: Full Day | Price: £600 BARISTA – (SCAE ACCREDITED) INTRODUCTION TO COFFEE Length: 3 hours | Price: £75-£100 BARISTA SKILLS FOUNDATION Length: 1 day | Price: £190-£240 BARISTA SKILLS INTERMEDIATE Length: 2 days| Price: £400-£450 BARISTA SKILLS PROFESSIONAL Length: 2 Days | Price: £425-£475 BREWING – (SCAE ACCREDITED) BREWING FOUNDATION Length: 1 day | Price: £190-£240 BREWING INTERMEDIATE Length: 2 days | Price: £400-£450 BREWING PROFESSIONAL LEVEL Length: 2 days | Price: £425-£475 You must have Brewing Intermediate in order to take this course – Please get in touch TAILORED YOUR PLACE? 2 hours minimum Price £125 per hour By Appointment BREWING By appointment – Please get in touch ESPRESSO By appointment – Please get in touch YOUR TEAM, YOUR AGENDA By appointment – Please get in touch
From a 3 hour “Barista Boot Camp” to the 3 days City & Guilds VRQ II. Either at our training centre, or, for selected courses, at your premises. Courses can be tailored to suit your business / staff / requirements.
Foundation level Introduction to Coffee Basic Barista Skills Sensory Taste Roasting Skills Green Coffee Intermediate Level Intermediate Barista skills Sensory Taste Roasting Skills Brewing Green Coffee Professional Level Barista Skills Sensory Taste Roasting Skills Brewing Green Coffee
Hej Enthusiasts Sunday CourseA beginner’s course for coffee-holics who want to learn more about the art of making the perfect coffee. In a relaxed environment you’ll learn the history and theory of coffee and then get stuck in practicing the practical skills needed to make amazing coffee at home. Our expert trainers are here to guide you through the topics but also to answer any questions you have. The course runs on Sundays at our Bermondsey Square flagship store and is run by our lovely baristas. Our Coffee School is tucked away underneath our coffee shop; a dedicated coffee learning environment. The course runs all-day from 9AM to 4PM (7 hours), giving us enough time to work through the material at a relaxed space as well as enjoy an included lunch and as much coffee as you can drink! We’ve purpose designed this course for coffee enthusiasts – those people who love drinking coffee but wish they knew a little more about the history, culture and practical skills surrounding coffee. If you already a barista and experienced in making coffees you may want to check out our SCAE accredited professional coffee training courses…. …in fact, even if you aren’t a professional barista you might find that after this Enthusiast course you’ll want to check out our SCAE courses! We’ve been training corporate and professional clients for years and now we’re happy to be able to bring this same level of quality training to all lovers of coffee.
Our Courses are offered through its accredited Satellite Centres which are spread across the UK. All Centres are audited by The Beverage Standards Association and through the City & Guilds IQA process. The courses offered are: BSA City & Guilds VRQ Level 2 Barista Skills (7102-53) &BSA Level 1 Barista Skills
Our headquarters are based just outside of Manchester where we have a fully equipped showroom capable of taking small groups through our hands-on barista training sessions. These sessions are aimed at giving you all the information and skills you need to whip up the perfect latte or a creamy cappuccino. If coming to us is not an option our fully barista trained engineers can provide in-house training. This suits many of our customers as it is the quickest way for you and your staff to get to grips with making and serving coffee. In just a few hours we can provide you with all the knowledge, skills and barista basics to confidently make and serve delicious coffee.
- What is coffee and where it comes from
- Coffee processing methods
- Visit to the roasting company
- The preparation of an espresso
- Cappuccino and milk frothing
- How to clean the espresso machines
- Introduction to professional coffee tasting
- Setting the grinder and pull a perfect shot
- Latte art (free pouring and etching)
- The classic Italian preparations and other coffee based beverages
- What parameters there are in brewing?
- The TDS and the refractometer.
- The various tools used for brewing
- Comparing different grinding size, brew ratio, temperature, water and filters
- Characteristics and defects of the green coffee
- Theory of roasting: temperature in relation to coffee,roasting profiles, methods of heat transfer, First Crack & Second Crack.
- Practical roasting exercises
- Tasting of a lighter and a darker roasted coffee.
- The organs of sense involved in coffee tasting
- The use a coffee tasting sheet (SCAA)
- Tasting Espresso
- The phases of the coffee tasting
- The tastes
- Cupping single origin coffees
City & Guilds International Award in Barista skills Speed & Efficiency training Coffee Appreciation Private Beginner courses Home Barista Training …and more
All of our courses and content are listed on our web site, here you can find availability, dates, class times and a booking calendar where you can book and pay online.